HTTP ERROR 500 visitors unable to reach my site

Visitors are unable to reach my site and are getting the error message HTTP ERROR 500 - I have not changed any settings to hosting so I am unsure as to how I can resolve this or what’s causing this? I thought it could be a problem with the Cloudflare universal SSL? But am not sure if this the problem? anyone have similar issues or advice? help

What’s the domain? Most 5xx errors come from the web host.

Yep, it’s dead for me, too. Go to the Overview section of the Cloudflare Dashboard and click the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” link in the lower right corner of the page. This will bypass Cloudflare for your site, but give it five minutes to take effect.

With the bypass, it probably still won’t work, but the host should be able to help troubleshoot at this point.

Yes I will try the Pause and I think also it will probably still not work. This site is hosted through Github so I don’t actually have a hosting provider I can contact and am unsure why the site is dead all of a sudden without me changing any settings.
thank you for your reply.

It turned out there was a problem with storage within my server. It wasn’t a problem with Cloudflare after all.

1 Like