HTTP 530 Digital ocean app platform migration to cloudflare

Affected domain: scrapeflare.com
Response code: HTTP 530

This is exactly the same error described in this topic by other person, but I need to keep proxied mode on to keep my ssl:

Website name servers was using digital ocean and was hosted on digital ocean app platform engine (which uses cloudflare behind the scene). I have removed my app from app platform and deleted dns management from digital ocean and moved it directly to cloudflare. Now cloudflare dns works fine without proxied mode (no ssl of course but still resolves to correct ip), but with proxied mode it displays some error message saying I need to check error logs on digital ocean.

It’s been around 24hrs since move from digital ocean app platfrom to cloudflare.

What 1xxx error is being shown?

Also, I need to know the error code since it’s not a cloudflare branded page!

Error code?

Hmm,

When I do a speed test in cloudflare panel I get this error:
scrapeflare.com returned status 530 (Code: 1001)

Error 1001: DNS resolution error

Common causes

• A web request was sent to a Cloudflare IP address for a non-existent Cloudflare domain.
  • An external domain that is not on using Cloudflare has a CNAME record to a domain active on Cloudflare
  • The target of the DNS CNAME record does not resolve.
  • A CNAME record in your Cloudflare DNS app requires resolution via a DNS provider that is currently offline.
  • Always Online is enabled for a Custom Hostname (SSL for SaaS) domain.

Resolution

A non-Cloudflare domain cannot CNAME to a Cloudflare domain unless the non-Cloudflare domain is added to a Cloudflare account.

Attempting to directly access DNS records used for Cloudflare CNAME setups also causes error 1001 (For example: www.example.com.cdn.cloudflare.net ).

Disable Always Online if using Custom Hostnames (SSL for SaaS).

Have you changed your nameservers recently? Nameserver update can take 24-48 hours to take effect

I don’t think it’s any of the common causes. The response text clearly says “Check the logs for your application in the App Platform dashboard.” But there are no logs in app platform as I have moved everything to cloudflare.

Is your provider offline?
Screenshot 2021-04-23 10.21.38 AM

If you just signed your site up, try again in a few minutes

Also, you are using a custom 1001 error page

I’m sorry I think im not getting something. The move from digital ocean app engine to cloudflare was made around 24 hrs ago. I don’t see how I am using a custom 1001 page as well.

Have you updated your nameservers?

Yes the nameservers are working fine.

Is scrapeflare.com YOUR domain that YOU own and added to cloudflare? Also, what is the domain status (see status below domain name on the homepage on your cloudflare dashboard)

Great news! Cloudflare is now protecting your site

Data about your site’s usage will be here once available.

The DNS are working fine. Like api.scrapeflare.com endpoint is fine. But scrapeflare.com is still trying to connect to digital ocean app engine platform for some reason.

Have you allowed cloudflare IP’s?

Yes there is no firewall.

Then make a firewall rule and set cloudflare IP’s to “Allow” or “bypass”, tell me when you’ve done that. Also if it’s redirecting to a wrong link you can also make a page rule to redirect to the correct URL

Very insecure

Not sure what do you mean insecure, this website is supposed to be accessible to the web. There are no database or other connections hosted there. Anyways it’s out of topic and does not help with my problem.