HTTP 504 Gateway Timeout error

Hi all. I encountered a http response code 504 Gateway timeout error. May I know what does it means and how do we resolve this error? I have already allow the traffic to these URL but it is still the same. Thanks.

May I ask what is your domain name?

May I suggest looking here:

Not 100% always, but the reason for this could be for example the size of the file uploads to the site which could be too large and causing server timeouts.
If that is the case, therefore Cloudflare limits upload file size (per HTTP POST request) to 100 MB for both Free and Pro plans (more allowed for Higher Plans).

Furthermore, this issue can be either on the host’s end or Cloudflare’s end. To find this out you can temporarly try to disable by switching your records to :grey: or choose the option Pause the Cloudflare for your domain to bypass Cloudflare and try to see if the same happens again.

May I ask you to post what is your result when you visit yourdomain.com/cdn-cgi/trace?

Nevertheless, have you checked if you block any Cloudflare connections to your origin host / server?

• or your ISP provider blocked something, possibly …

In case if needed:

Hi I think I have found the cause of the issue. Issue is more on the remote end side where cloudflare IP is not whitelisted. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.