How would I find the Cloudflare proxy URI for my proxied domain?

We have been using Cloudflare across three domains for a couple months now, and so far everything is working well.

However we have one situation where we need to access the cloudflare proxied resource from within a corporate network which runs the same domain internally, split horizon dns.

I’ve seen a post which made a great deal of sense, and which suggested creating a cname record internally pointing at the cloudflare proxy address for the site. What doesn’t work (for us anyway) is the proxied address.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

1 Like

Proxied address would be in the format:

www.example.com -> CNAME -> www.example.com.cdn.cloudflare.net

If that isn’t working what happens/what error do you receive?

3 Likes

Hi there,

Thank you for the quick response.

The error we receive is along the lines :-

Error 1001Ray ID: 4bb8e2f3cddf3c65 • 2019-03-22

The only real difference with your example (which was the one I found previously) is that our cname is of the format www.example.co.uk

Best regards

The host header being passed is www.example.co.uk.cdn.cloudflare.net in that request… that won’t work (can’t just type that in a browser window). The DNS entry resolves to a Cloudflare IP, but the host header being sent by the browser is www.example.co.uk.

Fantastic,

Thank you so much -

I added the cname record www.domain.com pointing to www.domain.com.cdn.cloudflare.net and everything works.

1 Like