How to use the Cloudflare just one sub-domain without change the main domain

Currently I have an example main domain (orange.com), and I would like to use cloudflare without changing my DNS of my main domain, I would just use the WAF from the one.orange.com sub-domain. How do I do this? Does anyone have a step-step

Short answer - not possible, at least not for Free plan.
You could use Cloudflare without changing nameservers for your naked (main) domain by using the CNAME Setup which is available for the Business and Enterprise plan.
If interested, kindly see below article:

Or, else if you could use some of Cloudflare Partners, maybe (for example, Hostinger?).

I am really sorry to say, but you cannot add only the sub-domain to Cloudflare to use Cloudflare services.

Kindly, see below instructions:

Later on, you can setup it as much as you need it, for your naked (main) domain and other sub-domains too :slight_smile:

Today, My plan is the pay - pro. Is possible??

Unfortunately, no.

From the above link as stated follows:

CNAME setup is available to paid Cloudflare plans at the Business or Enterprise level.

A CNAME setup allows a customer to maintain authoritative DNS outside of Cloudflare. It allows individual subdomains to benefit from Cloudflare’s services without requiring updates for a domain’s registration to point to Cloudflare’s nameservers for DNS resolution.

Now with the SaaS for Everyone, I’m wondering if things have changed. Theoretically, one should be able to CNAME in a subdomain. The catch would be (even if the above is possible) that you can’t currently set up custom Page Rules or Workers for that subdomain.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.