How to Use Google DNS

Newbie developer question from half intelligent lawyer. Site host is Kinsta. Prior DNS was Google. I signed up for Cloudlare to stop the fake 1500 users per day to my site. Success, the fake users stopped! But I have a new challenge. Using Cloudflare DNS slow my site significantly.

I tested my site speed on Google’s “PageSpeed Insight.” It is now significantly slower: 72% Google DNS vs 42% Cloudflare DNS.

I read “How to Use Cloudflare wiht Google Platform” but there is no useful information. I searched the community for Google relating to DNS. nothing.

I want to use Google’s DNS to speed up my site. Can someone help me please?

Yours truly,
Half intelligent lawyer

Can you share the name of the domain here? I took a look at what I think is your site and there are no indications DNS is affecting load time, https://gtmetrix.com/, but there are areas to improve with image optimization, javascript and CSS. To use cloudflare, you need the cf nameservers. I doubt that’s affecting performance, but if you can share the name, we can take a look.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.