How To Update SPF record and add a DKIM record?

How do I update the SPF records and add a DKIM record? Am I supposed to do this myself or request the support team to do it?
I’m a total noob.

I have been given a code to add SPF as a TXT record. I have read the documentation, but it doesn’t seem to make sense to me.

Documentation says:" SPF content as a TXT record will look similar to the following:" TXT @ v=spf1 include:example.net -all

But, the code I got was:
Record Type: TXT Record
Name: XXXXX.com
Value/Data: v=spf1 a mx include:spf.abcgateway.com include:spf.mywebsite.com -all
TTL: 3600 (1 Hour)

*The names above are not accurate, I have changed them for privacy.

I have Gsuite for my email accounts - do I set this up there or at Cloudflare (name servers are pointing to Cloudflare)? (or GoDaddy or Fastcomet?)

Similar thing with the DKIM:

Documentation says this:
default._domainkey.example.com. 299 IN TXT “v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=” “;”

Record Type: CNAME Record
Name: abc1._domainkey.XXXXX.com
Value: dkim.myabc.com
TTL: 3600 (1 Hour)

Where and how do I update this? Do I need a developer to do it?

These records go in the DNS section of dash.cloudflare.com. Like this:

Hi sdayman,

Thanks so much for that! It helps a ton!

I followed everything, but for some reason, for the CNAME record I couldn’t select the TTL dropdown to 1hr, as it was greyed out and set to ‘Auto’.

I was able to select the TTL dropdown and change it to 1hr for the TXT record.

Is this important? As in do I need to set it to 1 hour (as I have been told to set it to 3600, which I assume is 1hr)? Or is ‘Auto’ setting ok?

Thanks again for your help. :slight_smile:

[EDIT] Ok, I see what I think I may have accidentally clicked ‘Proxied’ instead of DNS only. Problem solved! (Hopefully… I need to see if the changes have taken effect).

1 Like