How to transfer my domain out of Cloudflare

On May 24, 2019 I transferred my domain to Cloudflare.

I would like to cancel this account and transfer my domain out.

When I click on the domain, scroll to Domain Registration there is only a link to transfer in. Not one to transfer out.

Can someone please give this old girl the instructions to transfer out.

Keep in mind I am 70 so I do not always have deep techie skills.

Thank you in advance,
Sandy

Hi Sandy, don’t worry it’s possible. I imagine the limitation here could be that it needs to be over 60 days since the last transfer and change of details on the domain to transfer out. It’s not a limitation of Cloudflare’s registrar, but one imposed by ICANN.

You should fine a button to unlock the domain in the domain’s home page (the zone one) in the bottom right. Once you click unlock it will provide the code that the new registrar will require.

Thanks matteo I will give it a little more time. Just thought that May 24th was more than 60 days ago.

Thanks again,
Sandy

1 Like

Could be though… if you can maybe send me a screenshot (or a photo) of the home of the domain and I’ll check.

Matteo,

I have attached 2 screenshots for you.

1 - Is when I login to Cloudflare and select the domain which is customergrowers.com

2 - Is the bottom right side of the overview page after selecting my domain

Not sure if I am looking in the right place or not but I do not see the transfer “from” only transfer “to” there.

Thanks for your help and guidance,

Sandy

2_Domain_Registration_Area_At_Bottom_of_Overview.png

Hi @sandyncharlie,

That domain doesn’t look like it is registered at Cloudflare, currently, it looks like fastdomain.com. Your nameservers point to Cloudflare and you seem to be using Cloudflare for DNS but your domain is not registered here.

[email protected] ~ $ whois customergrowers.com
   Domain Name: CUSTOMERGROWERS.COM
   Registry Domain ID: 2366853791_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
   Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.fastdomain.com
   Registrar URL: http://www.fastdomain.com
   Updated Date: 2019-05-24T16:08:54Z
   Creation Date: 2019-03-06T22:13:03Z
   Registry Expiry Date: 2020-03-06T22:13:03Z
   Registrar: FastDomain Inc.
   Registrar IANA ID: 1154
   Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
   Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
   Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
   Name Server: EVAN.NS.Cloudflare.COM
   Name Server: GAIL.NS.Cloudflare.COM
   DNSSEC: unsigned
   URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of whois database: 2019-07-26T14:40:15Z <<<

2 Likes

Can confirm that.

1 Like

domjh

Thanks for your reply and help. We really did not know what was going on.

Thanks,

Sandy

1 Like

Since Domain Registration isn’t a problem, is it Cloudflare’s general services you want to move your domain away from?

If that’s the case, all you need to do is change your Name Servers back to the one your host assigned to you. You would have to do this at your domain registrar.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.