How to track visitor IPs with Wordpress, GoDaddy, and Cloudflare?

Trying to use a plugin to track visitor IPs but experiencing page load slow downs and compatibility issues with the theme.

Stumbled on an article that says I can track visitor IPs through Cloudflare. But hours of follow up research left me confused on the how.

I’m not a developer and doing my best to make heads or tails of it all.

Currently use wordpress for the website, GoDaddy Linux cPanel business hosting, and Cloudflare.

Lots of articles reference using mod_cloudflare or mod_remoteip to log real visitor IPs with cloudflare including restoring IPs by web server type but I can’t make heads or tails of where the log is (or how to access it) or how to apply the mod to GoDaddy servers or whether that is even a possibility.

Unclear what server type the GoDaddy Business Hosting Linux with cPanel falls under in this list or if GoDaddy even allows this mod or access…
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170786-Restoring-original-visitor-IPs-Logging-visitor-IP-addresses#:~:text=Overview,web%20server%20you’re%20using.

Any experienced insight and/or specific steps would be very much appreciated.

Your host would need to support this.

Wordfence has this built in for security, if that’s your interest.
If it’s just for stats, Matomo supports that header, but I find it slows the site down a bit.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.