How to temporary turn off CloudFlare site for testing purpose?

Hello dear Community,
I’ve got 502 error on the Cloudflare side.

I’ve read this article what’s this - https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003011431-Troubleshooting-Cloudflare-5XX-errors#502504error
I want to remove Cloudflare to avoid this part for the test purpose and turn on again.
I’ve tried active Debug mode

CloudFlare-2

But it didn’t help.

I’ve got an empty error log on my dedicated server.

How to test this problem quickly from Cloudflare side?

I read about to remove Proxy in DNS setting, but it takes hours.
Any way to speed up test?

It’s not clear for me - is it problem from my side or from Cloudflare.

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

You can use “Pause Cloudflare for this Website” option from the Cloudflare dashboard → Overview tab:

1. Use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com .
  2. The link is in the lower right corner of that page.
  3. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS.
  4. When done, un-pause Cloudflare and double-check if working as expected.

Thanks for the quick reply
I’ve found this option in the bottom

When Pause was selected I was able to see the following info

Does it mean, that Pause will disable Cloudflare service completely for the testing purpose
but Debug mode - will disable some parameters.
Right?

Development Mode temporarily suspends Cloudflare’s edge caching, minification, Polish, and Railgun features for three hours unless disabled beforehand.

Whereas pausing Cloudflare does what it says in the modal of your screen capture, and bypasses Cloudflare’s proxy altogether. Essentially, pausing a zone treats its proxied (orange-clouded) DNS records as though they were unproxied (gray-clouded).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.