How to switch from SiteGround DNS to Cloudflare

I have my site setup on SiteGround for both the hosting and DNS. CloudFlare is also configured for the site.

I am planning to move my site to CloudWays and, as a first step in that process, wish to move DNS management to CloudFlare. However, I can’t find a way to do this. In my CloudFlare account (under DNS) I see the following.

“Your DNS zone file is hosted by SiteGround.com, a Cloudflare partner. Changes to your DNS settings must be made through the SiteGround.com website

How do I make this change?

Thanks.

You will need to remove the domain and re-add it through the Cloudflare panel, or create a new CF account and set it up there (if that would be easier). Make sure the DNS looks the same as it does in the SiteGround DNS panel.

Thank you, @Judge. That’s a bit of a drag since I assume I will lose all other CloudFlare configuration settings, my cache, etc. Any idea why I might have this on only one domain? I have four other domains I just moved across from SiteGround and all of those automatically created DNS records in CloudFlare.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.