How to setup DNS on New Domain Purchased on Cloudflare

Hey guys,

New to cloudflare so not sure how this works. All I want to do is make a domain I just bought on Cloudflare forward to a wikipedia article. I believe I got that part correct in the rule. However I don’t know what to do for DNS settings.

All the tutorials I found refer to going to some other website where they go to some other hosting provider or something. But I have only used cloudflare to buy the domain and nothing else, not sure if im missing a step or something else. When I type in my domain it gives me this error: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

For reference, I have done this before for another domain, but that was on Google Domains, and that process was very straightforward.

If you are just forwarding, and the rule is correct, you just need to use a dummy DNS entry. Use A 192.0.2.1 or AAAA 100::.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I spent the last 4 hours trying to figure this out lol. Worked perfectly, thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.