How to set up PTR on cloudflare?

Hi,

I discover that I will need to set up PTR in order for my email to not get into the spam mailboxes. Below is the screenshot of what I have set up.

Could you kindly confirm that this is correct setting?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

1 Like

PTR is not required for email delivery whatsoever. As long as you’ve set up SPF, DKIM, and DMARC the major email providers will successfully be able to authenticate your domain’s emails and assign your domain’s email reputation.

I strongly urge you to read all of what I recently posted in the thread Email deliverity | DMARC records

2 Likes

Hi Judge,

Thanks for your reply and sharing your previous posts. I am a newbie on this. It would be great if you could show me examples of setting SPF, DKIM and DMARC with screenshots.

Thanks,
Ryan

1 Like

That’s a little outside the scope of this Cloudflare forum. Your email host is the one that knows what the SPF records and DKIM setup should be, after that you can use a DMARC record generator to generate the correct DMARC record https://dmarcian.com/dmarc-record-wizard/ .

The only thing you need from CF is the DNS tab of the dashboard, which CF has instructions for here:

1 Like

Ok. thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.