How to restore a website that is down

Have a customer that has 2 websites, both down. Our technician died in late January, I have access to the console, can see the customer, but know what to do.

What are the two sites? Are they using Cloudflare? Do you have access to the Cloudflare accounts (or the emails that were used to log in to them)?

Hi SJR
Here is what I have.
@BalancedFiduciary.com

Balanced Bookkeeping.com
@balancedbookkeeping.life

I have console access

You do have access to the Cloudflare account - lots of people in your position come here trying to find one or how to get into it.

The page shown for both those sites come from the host, not Cloudflare. You’ll need to contact the hosting provider. If you don’t know who that is, you may be able to work it out from the A/AAAA/CNAME records listed in the Cloudflare DNS for the sites.

1 Like

Hi SJR
Thanks for the quick response. I can see that the Balanced Fiduciary Domain is registered with Cloudflare and registration is good until Feb 2,2025. Soooo, I should assume that the registration is not the site host in this case, correct?

Correct, Cloudflare will not be the host.

Look at the DNS records here as they will point to the hosting…
https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns/records

2 Likes

SJR
Figured out the host via the DNS records, thanks for information. Great help. Have the customer renewing here host subscription. That was the issue.

2 Likes

Hi @george.bradley, your topic has a solution here.

Let us know what you think of the solution by logging in and give it a :+1: or :-1:.

Solutions help the person that asked the question and anyone else that sees the answer later. Login to tell us what you think of the solution with a :+1: or :-1:.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.