How to remove or add the DNS records

Hi, Friends I am new to this. Recently I took a new plan of Advanced web security plan from Godaddy to one of our existing sites. That site is linked to the Cloudflare here. During the process of setting up the DNS Godaddy customer support representatives wanted me to add specific DNS records to my domain. During the process, they mentioned that my domain is using third-party nameservers so I need to contact my nameservers providers so they can add for me. I am new to this as my developer is not available. Kindly help me and suggest me what to do

Regards
Subbu

GoDaddy is not where you change your DNS settings if you linked Cloudflare name servers to your domain. In other words GoDaddy just sold your a domain name, you transferred the power to Cloudflare to act as your DNS/Web Security and more.

I’d refund the plan from godaddy, you only need to pay them your domain name and server fees if they’re hosting for you and use Cloudflare for the rest.

1 Like

If you are using our nameservers you can create the records on your Cloudflare account using the steps below.

To add or remove DNS records in Cloudflare, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Cloudflare account.
  2. Select the domain you want to manage.
  3. Go to the DNS tab.
  4. To add a record, click on “Add record,” select the type of record (A, CNAME, MX, etc.), and enter the details provided by GoDaddy.
  5. To remove a record, find the record you want to delete and click on the “Edit” button next to it, then click “Delete.”
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.