How to remove Cloudflare's nameservers and replace them with custom ones

After I transferred my domain name to Cloudflare and changed the nameservers as required, my website went down. Now, I want to remove the nameservers of Cloudflare and replace them with the original ones that are used by my web hosting provider so that I can restore the website. The problem is that I couldn’t find a way to change the nameservers in Cloudflare’s platform. This feature is availabe and easy to perform in all platforms of other domain name registrars, except for Cloudflare. Why?

Unfortunately changing the nameservers of a domain registered with Cloudflare Registrar is not supported at this time.

You can review this in the Registrar terms, section 7.2:

If you wish to change the nameservers of a domain with Registrar, you will unfortunately need to transfer the domain out of Cloudflare.

1 Like

Thank you, cherryjimbo, for your reply.
I’m sorry to say that I feel disappointed with this lack of feature, and I may transfer my domain name out of Cloudflare if your team cannot resolve my problem and restore my website.

With very few exceptions, your website provider need not be your domain registrar. If you are having a problem with your website rendering you t it’s far more likely you are missing a DNS record or your proxy settings are misconfigured than anything to do with your nameservers.

Absent additional information you should verify the settings you need in DNS are correct and troubleshoot accordingly

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.