How to properly setup www and main domain A record with partial setup

Hello,

I am looking for some clarity on what our DNS settings need to be for our www CName and main domain’s A Record when we go live. We are using the partial setup as we need to keep our other DNS settings managed in our parent companies GoDaddy account.

1. In GoDaddy we have the CName above and then the main domain’s A record. To change these 2 so they point to our Cloudflare account, would these need to be the host values?

Please see image.
Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 10.19.52 AM

I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. I tried looking but could not find an exact answer. I had some major issues getting it to accept my topic with it including full URLs and thinking certain phrases were links so I tried to include a screenshot instead.

Thanks!

Had some major issues creating the topic, but a couple followup questions.

1. Then in Cloudflare would I only need to create an A record for the main domain and have that point to the site’s actual IP address?

2. Should I add a “www” CName record (matching above CName) inside of the Cloudflare account also pointing to the same origin server IP?

Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.