How to point my domain to other host?

Good day to everyone. Im a first time user of Cloudflare. I just bought only a domain here in Cloudflare. Now I want to know how to point this domain to another host for I am not seeing the option. Thank you.

How to Point my Cloudflare domain to another Host?
I just bought a domain here in Cloudflare however its interface is different from the other party. Now i don’t know how to point the domain I bought to another hosting.

Kindly assist. I want to point the Cloudflare domain to hostpapa.

Thank you

You will have to add DNS records here so people can see your site. The DNS records should be a copy of the DNS records at your web host.

whats the next procedure?

Does that DNS page show your name servers as being Tara and Lewis? I’m not seeing those DNS records showing up anywhere.

Also, your web host only has three DNS records for your domain? It’s extremely rare for there to be so few.

I am using host papa

That’s a mystery. I don’t see any reason for those DNS records not showing up anywhere. Maybe Support can figure it out:

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help.

I am very disappointed with CLOUDFLARE. I am not receiving any response from them via email since then. It’s already been how many days.

If you emailed them from the email address associated with your account, you’ll get an automated response with a ticket #. Can you post that number here?

[Cloudflare Support] 1971505

I felt like I have been SCAMMED. I registered the domain here for 2 yrs and I need this domain. If only I can have my refund I will immediately do because I am getting poor customer service. There is no Chat option here but I have to send them email which take ages for them to respond. I don’t want to have my money put into waste.

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience here. I have just replied to your ticket. Please have a look, and let us know if you have further questions.

2 Likes

This is the reply to me just now.

" Hi there,

Thanks for contacting Cloudflare support. My name is Blas and I will be looking into this ticket for you. We’re sorry to read that you’re experiencing difficulties.

Please follow the following instruction on how to transfer your domain out of the Cloudflare registrar:

Transfer Out from Cloudflare

Note, ICANN rules prohibit a domain from being transferred if it has been transferred within the last 60 days or if the WHOIS registrant information has been modified in the last 60 days (even if redacted).

It appears that your domain name was recently registered, which unfortunately means that you will have to wait until after 60 days of when it was purchased to be able to transfer out.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or issues by replying to this e-mail or ticket.

Best regards,

Blas
Technical Support Engineer | Cloudflare
Search the Cloudflare Community for advice and insight."

Based on this you are saying that: **
1. Your facility does not allow me to point the DOMAIN to another host. Without me subscribing to your monthly plan of 200$/month.

2. I have to wait for 2 months for me to use it.

If you are on my side how do you feel about it ? I feel scammed/robbed by your company!!!

Except it’s not resolving for me. Not the “A” record, nor the MX record.

It looks like you typo’d it same as I did during testing: pix8 instead of pixs8. It has an ‘s’ in there.

Yeah, you’re right. Not sure what is going on here. I’ll update his ticket so the support people will understand what is going on.

2 Likes

Oh, I see what is wrong. When you created the entry you typed in “pixs8.com”. Unfortunately, that creates a subdomain named “pixs8.com” on top of “pixs8.com” (i.e. pixs8.com.pixs8.com). If you want to set your “root” domain IP address, you have to use an ‘@’ for the domain name.

1 Like

Well…that’s certainly not clear in the UI. What about the MX and TXT records?

EDIT: Following that train of thought, the MX record shows up for pixs8.com.pixs8.com. Same with the TXT record. That’s bizarre. I can’t imagine the user typed it in redundantly.

1 Like

Same problem. I agree, it isn’t obvious that you should do that. When you click on “Add Record” in the box where you put in the domain name, it does have a hint (i.e. text that goes away as you type in the box) it states “Use @ for root”.

Do a dig of “pixs8.com.pixs8.com” and you’ll see that it resolves for all the types (MX, TXT, A) he created.