How to point my domain to a Hosting?

dash-dns

I have transferred my domain to Cloudflare. I want to change my hosting now but couldn’t point my domain to my hosting.

Your hosting provider should provide you an IP address or a CNAME, which you can enter in the DNS tab at Cloudflare.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for your response. Anyway, I am getting the following error:

(XID 4gsqcf) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

I have transferred my domain to Cloudflare. That is my domain registrant is now Cloudflare. Now, I couldn’t find my domain to manage.

This is really a big mistake that I transferred my domain to Cloudflare.

You should do this and set up the A records required.

My domain registrant is Cloudflare but I couldn’t find my domain in the Cloudflare dashboard to manage DNS records.

Are you able to share the domain?

www.digitalgaibandha.com

1 Like

Your domain points to ‘hank’ and ‘daisy’, can you confirm that you are logged into the Cloudflare account with these nameservers and that your domain is not there on the overview tab, or when going through the link that @judge posted?

If you can see that then the domain must be in that account, therefore you can go to the DNS tab with the link posted earlier and configure the records required by your host.

In the overview tab, do you not see the domain there?

Yes, that’s the DNS tab where you configure the DNS records required by your host. Looks like you already have some configured, is that the IP of your hosting?

Yes, the IP is of my hosting. I am trying to add this domain as an add-on.

You will probably have to

If you are not sure how to do this yourself, I would contact your host for help.

How can I do this by myself? Please guide me.

Every host is different, so this may not be entirely correct, however it is likely to be like this.

• Go to the file manager with your host
  • Go to the etc folder
  • There will probably be a file called ips.remotedns
  • You should add the Cloudflare nameservers to this

This is slightly outside the scope of this forum, and you may still wish to contact your host for help.

Thanks for your help.
There is no file called ips.remotedns in the etc folder.
I do not want to use Cloudflare NS at this moment. How can I change my NS records to my hosting’s NS records?