How to point DNS AWAY from Cloudfare/

Hello and Thank You in advance for whatever help you can offer me!
Just bought/registered a new domain name here (cloudfare REGISTAR) and need to point it to another host BUT the Cloudfare DNS isn’t/doesn’t let me change to new hosts nameservers??
I know it’s something relatively easy I just can’t remember the “process”
If someone could point me to a VIDEO tutorial that is directly related to cloudfare system PLEASE, I’d sure appreciate that,
Thanks you,
Amelia

PS info from hosting company

• You MUST purchase a URL Domain - but you do NOT need to pay for hosting.
    *** You MUST Set Your Domain Name Servers to**
    *** ns1.startertc.com**
    *** ns2.startertc.com**
    *** Once you have set your nameservers you can submit the DFY request form**

Cloudfare settings NOW:
|NS|elisabeth.ns.Cloudflare.com|
|NS|lou.ns.Cloudflare.com|

If the domain name is registered at Cloudflare Registrar, unfortunately, currently you cannot change the nameservers if you use Cloudflare as a domain registrar. Currently, Cloudflare Registrar only lets you use Cloudflare name servers.

For Custom Nameservers

Cloudflare domains on Business or Enterprise plans can set Custom Nameservers at Cloudflare:

Yes ,every web host have different steps to connect to Cloudflare Who is your Web-Host ?

Thank you for the reply, my web host is Liquidweb . . .

That is rather shocking and not sure how/what to do about it as i rather seems to negate my buying the domain name as it useless without changing the nameservers, isn’t it??? : " unfortunately, currently you cannot change the nameservers if you use Cloudflare as a domain registrar." ??

Here’s a Full Guide about how to Connect to LiquidWeb to Cloudflare

No need of changing Nameservers you can use Cloudflare by adding some DNS Records given by your host , Lot of websites use Cloudflare in the same way .

Revert back if this doesn’t work .

Again thank you for that info, will have to read the guide you’ve offered.
I truly appreciate your help as I am/was totally stumped on that.
All of my other sites are at Liquidweb, this one is going to be hosted elsewhere and they only gave me their nameservers to “input”; “Set your domain’s nameservers to ns1.startertc.com and ns2.startertc.com)”
But Cloudfare does not allow(?) changing them to the above so am hoping the guide you shared will give me the info needed and if it does not can you suggest what I should do?
THANK YOU again!!
Amelia

1 Like

Sorry but i didn’t got what u are asking

What do you mean by hosting elsewhere

To point bns away from Cloudflare you need to change the nameservers at your registrar to point somewhere else.

1 Like

No need of changing Nameservers you can mange with some DNS records

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.