How to point Cloudflare to new host

Can some kind - and more knowledgeable - community member tell me how to point Cloudflare to the IP address of my new shared server host?

I logged into our DNS settings, but only got confused: they seem to point to different/sequential IPs. Also, 2 types called MX (something to do with mail) have info warnings telling me they expose my server’s IP address.

Sorry to be dense on this, but my technical level is not high!

Thanks for any help,

Linda

Are you moving your email as well, or just your website?

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’m moving both email and site. Email is through Windows Live Mail 2011. It’s also on current host’s server.

Hope this makes sense to you!

Linda

thedaveCA, by way of update, I found this post about Cloudflare and new host: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200168686-What-do-I-do-if-I-changed-my-server-IP-address-or-hosting-provider-?flash_digest=e325a2b83f7bcd53ba7c5fc6267ceb13e404426a

Is this what I need to do?

Thanks,

Linda

P.S. I’ve gone into DNS settings and found a list of items pointed to different IP addresses from old host (see attachment). I’ve changed them as shown in second attachment.

Can you please tell me if this is correct? I’m not sure why there are 4 mx files (of which I could change only 2) and why there are so many slightly different IP addresses for old host when I’m just using the one for new host.

FYI InMotion, our new host, provided these DNS records:

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.