How to manually check image resize and polish?

Hi all,

I’ve enabled image resize and polish to lossy webp. But when inspecting the live side Im still seeing full size png and jpegs. Any idea how I can manually check this is working correctly?

Hello Gwilym,

To manually check if Image Resizing and Polish (WebP) feature is working correctly, you can follow these steps:

1. Open your browser’s Developer Tools (press F12 or right-click and choose ‘Inspect’ on most browsers).
  2. Go to the ‘Network’ tab in Developer Tools.
  3. Reload your website page.
  4. Find an image in the list and click on it. In the ‘Headers’ section, look for the ‘cf-polished’ header:
  • If the header is present, the Polish feature was applied to the image. The value of the header should be ‘webp’ or ‘lossless’ or ‘lossy’ depending on your settings.
  • If the header is not present, the image has not been polished by Cloudflare.

As for Image Resizing, you can verify it by checking the dimensions of the image (width and height) in the ‘Network’ tab compared to the original image dimensions. If the dimensions have been altered as per your configuration, the resizing is working correctly.

Keep in mind that Image Resizing and Polish work together, so make sure you’ve set them up properly to avoid potential conflicts. You can find more information and guidance in the following documentation:

If you’ve checked everything and the issue persists, you might want to create a support ticket from your Cloudflare dashboard, and the Cloudflare Support team can help you further.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, but it doesnt seem to be there. The image server is showing as Cloudflare, but its still a large jpeg and no sign of cf-polished in the info.

Have you purged your cache after enabling Polish / Image Resizing?

Yea I have done a few times.

Can you share one image URL where Polish should have been applied?