How to manage my subdomain

subdomain

Hi,
I have a domain with many subdomains.
But in the DNS sections I didn’t understand how to manage the single subdomains.

For example:
Can I manage different MX for every subdomains?

Thanks for support.

0 Likes

If you have email addresses at sub.example.com, then you can add MX records for those as well:

Just change the sub.mailserver.net to what ever mail server that handles mail for that subdomain.

0 Likes

Hi,
thanks for your reply.

BU my subdomain is at.example.com, now I’ll create a different mx like mail.at.example.com?
It’s correct?

0 Likes

Your mail host should have told you which mx server they configured for email to that subdomain.

0 Likes

In my DNS manager for the domain father, if I didn’t set mx for subdomain the mx is the father mx record?

0 Likes

If you don’t set an MX record for a subdomain, then you can’t use email addresses @ the subdomain.

0 Likes

I use the email for the subdomain, but I don’t see where is mx set.

0 Likes

Please re-read my original response.

0 Likes

I tested a subdomain email and works, but I don’t understanfd how to manage them.
Please help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks.

0 Likes

You only asked about managing MX records. What else are you working on with subdomains?

I’d recommend against using a wildcard (*) for any DNS entries, as it passes too much random traffic to those servers.

You’ve probably also seen a warning on your DNS screen about your server’s IP address being exposed. This is due to that first wildcard entry. Cloudflare also doesn’t protect websites using wildcard DNS entries.

0 Likes

closed #11

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes