How to know my Origin web server

Hello, How do I know who is my origin web server?
thank you

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

If you cannot remember where you host your website, you can:

• review your financial records to see who you pay for your hosting
  • perform a whois lookup on the IP address listed in your Cloudflare dashboard DNS app
  • ask a co-worker or supervisor
1 Like

Good morning, please let me know how to check IP address and which IP address should it be: IPV4 or IPv4 DNS?

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

Can you please explain your question in greater detail?

Include With Every Post

1. The name of the domain about which you’re posting, your interest; visitor, owner, vendor, etc.
  2. Expected results & actual results? What did you expect to happen and what is actually happening?
  3. Steps you’ve taken to fix it. What CommunityTips, ExpertTips, videos, directions, instructions, and advice you’ve followed to try & fix the issue?
  4. Screen shot of the problem.
  5. Specific error message & error code/number you’re seeing.
  6. If you contact Cloudflare Customer Support, please share the ticket number, we’ll share details from your Community post with Support.

If this is related to your other open topic, please do not open a new topic. Simply reply to the existing one. Creating multiple topics for the same issue places undue burden on those who are attempting to assist you and only serves to increase the time it takes to resolve your difficulties.

1 Like

Hello. I’ve tried to check my webpage in order to start my campaign but is shows It can be reached.
Please indicate step to check in order to be reached.
[www.pawscarehub.com]

Domain name: pawscarehub.com
I’m the owner
I expect to open my webpage to make sure I can Air it in a secure way and start my business.
What is happening is that says page can’t be reached.

Does your site work correctly with Cloudflare paused? If not, it won’t work Cloudflare active either. Your origin site is not responding, resulting in a 522 error. You can click the number to see troubleshooting steps.

You should pause Cloudflare and ensure that your site is working properly over HTTPS before you unpause Cloudflare.

If this is part of your exisiting topic you would do well to keep your replies in that topic. Every time you open a new topic, you start your request over from scratch and lose the benefit of any context established in the previous topic.

You might be better served by hiring an experienced consultant that can get your site up and running in less time than it may take you to learn the necessary fundamentals.

1 Like

I am seeing an nxdomain error @sales152.

When you see the error DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN, it means a domain cannot be resolved because of an issue with the DNS servers, the domain name is newly registered, or the domain is not yet registered at all. First verify the domain is pointed to Cloudflare name servers. If not, contact your domain registrar and ask that they point the domain to your Cloudflare nameservers and wait an appropriate amount of time for DNS propagation to take effect.

If you’re still seeing issues after name server propagation takes effect, review other successful troubleshooting suggestions in this Community Tip. Let us know if you continue to see issues after trying these tips, we’re happy to help further.

:point_up: it’s probably #4 in the above tip

1 Like

Good morning. Please I need help fixing my issues. When I click on web page it says It can;’ be reached.
I change name server and follow all instruction given before and still can’t make it work. Would some one be so kind and help me figuring out what is going on?
thank you
Jose

What is the name of the site?

pawscarehub

the name of the site is pawscarehub.

it’s the same DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error as the other day.

Go here https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns and select Add a record. Add an A record that has the contents of your current www A record. Proxy the record you add :orange:. Name the record @ or the name of your domain.

Background for folks downtheline.

When you see the error DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN, it means a domain cannot be resolved because of an issue with the DNS servers, the domain name is newly registered, or the domain is not yet registered at all. First verify the domain is pointed to Cloudflare name servers. If not, contact your domain registrar and ask that they point the domain to your Cloudflare nameservers and wait an appropriate amount of time for DNS propagation to take effect.

If you’re still seeing issues after name server propagation takes effect, review other successful troubleshooting suggestions in this Community Tip. Let us know if you continue to see issues after trying these tips, we’re happy to help further.

:point_up_2: your issue is #4 in the above tip
1. If example.com does not resolve, that may indicate there is no A record for the naked domain. Go to your DNS tab and create an A record with “@” as name and your origin IP address as the value.

1 Like

I fixed the nameserver and in cloudflare say is active. But now if you click on the web page (pawscarehub) it says page cannot be reached DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. Please can someone check the set up on my webpage ( basic program) and let me know how to fix them step by step.
thank you.

Cloudflare doesn’t provide hosting. You need to create a DNS entry which points to your web host. If you don’t know what that entry should look like you need to ask your hosting provider for that information, no one else will have it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.