How to grey-clouded a sub-path?

Hi,

My webpage using a subpath www.****.com/manage.php as the administrator page. I upload video files in this page but there’s the 100MB upload limit. I wonder if I can only grey-clouded this page.

Thanks

You cannot :grey: part of a DNS record. ( That’s just how DNS works, not a limitation of the platform)

Can you use a different hostname/domain name for your upload console? That can be :grey: while www is :orange:.

1 Like

Thx a lot! I got it.

Actually you can. Remember CDN is just a reverse proxy. Cloudflare is using Nginx on it’s edge servers and it can do anything Nginx can do.

You can create a page rule in Cloudflare for the sub-path, and set the cache level to “bypass”. So the sub-path is grey-clouded.

:wave: @LinuxBabe,

A :grey: record returns the true origin IP address of a record and the connection to the origin is direct. With an :orange: the record is proxied by Cloudflare. It is not possible to change the DNS response based on the path of a request so a record is either :orange: or :grey:. Ir either goes through Cloudflare or it doesn’t. A page rule with a cache level of bypass simply means Cloudflare won’t cache otherwise eligible content it proxies for objects matching that path.

-OG

@OliverGrant Ok. I understand what you mean. OP is trying to upload video files to the sub-path. So the bypass cache rule won’t have effect.

Now my advice is: if the sub-path is only used by yourself (OP said it’s an administrator page), you can add a direct DNS record in your OS hosts file to bypass Cloudflare altogether, while the public can still access your website via Cloudflare CDN.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.