How to fix error message “Some of your DNS only records are exposing IPs that are proxied through Cloudflare”

Hello,

I have followed all the directions given to me by Namecheap and set up DNS records for Namecheap email service. Everything is setup correctly but I keep getting this error message “Some of your DNS only records are exposing IPs that are proxied through Cloudflare. Make sure to proxy all A, AAAA, and CNAME records pointing to proxied records to avoid exposing your origin IP.” There’s also an error icon next to the “srv” record i’ve added. What does this mean?

Hi @charjeaniece,

This is expected if you have services that can’t be proxied through Cloudflare on the same server as your website.

1 Like

Thanks for your response this makes sense .I don’t have any gray clouds so I’m not able to manipulate it there. I’m ok with the error message since I know what it’s for now. But the problem is on Namecheap’s side it says “to be able to activate your Private Email subscription to receive mail and create mailboxes, you must first set up these important DNS records”. Now that they’re set up it’s still not registering on Namecheap’s end. Any suggestion from here or I need to contact namecheap from this point?

Can you share the records that namecheap are asking for and your domain name? We may then be able to offer some assistance before you contact Namecheap.

My domain name is tlcwithchar.com. here’s a screenshot of the records it asked me to add which I did add

And here’s a screenshot of all the DNS records I have based off the directions given from Namecheap for a couple of things

I’m not sure if you’re asking for the same information again as this conversation thread is odd to me, but I have provided the domain name as well as screenshots with examples

You do seem to have the right records added, but you also have a lot more MX records too. Are they for a different provider? That may cause issues as mail will be routed to different places.

Looks like the issue was too many MX records. I deleted all the unnecessary ones and am able to receive my emails now. Thanks for all of your help.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.