How to exclude subdomain from page rules?

I have page next rules:

.example.com/
Browser Cache TTL: 30 minutes, Cache Level: Cache Everything, Edge Cache TTL: 2 hours

What rule should be added so that this rule does not affect the subdomain test.example.com/* (that the content on subdomain test.example.com is not cached) ?

You will need to set up a dummy rule, targetting the desired host name, before this rule with some dummy setting.

Can u show example this dummy rule please?

What is unclear about my description?

I do not quite understand what is “dummy rule”

Just set up an additional rule and place it before your current rule.

If i add rule on first for subdomain “test” and page rules will be next:

test.example.com/*
Cache Level: ByPass

.example.com/
Browser Cache TTL: 30 minutes, Cache Level: Cache Everything, Edge Cache TTL: 2 hours

This disabled cashe rules (Browser Cache, Cache Level, Edge Cache) for test.example.com/* ?

Post a proper screenshot of your page rules.

now page rules is next:

No offence, but that is not remotely like what I explained. Also, censoring the URL is not really helpful. Follow aforementioned steps and it should work.

Sorry, i thought you asked show the current page rules.
As I understand, me need to add the first rule for the desired subdomain in order to exclude the use of rules for it in the future.

Now my page rules next:

*.example.com/*

example.com/*

And i should replace this on next rules:

test.example.com/*
Cache Level: ByPass

*.example.com/*

example.com/*

Do I understand correctly and this disabled cashe for subdomain test.example.com (including Browser Cache TTL and Edge Cache TTL) ?

If you have the rules in that order it will work.

Also, you can merge the two existing rules into one by turning *.example.com into *example.com.

1 Like