How to create NS records for other domains?

Hi,

I’m using cloudflare free tier for now and using cloudflare NS records for a domain.

I want to create ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com for other domains to point to a specific hosting server.

I have created 2 A records for ns1 and ns2 in cloudflare but for some reason, that doesn’t seem to be working properly.

Anything to be done separately apart from creating 2 A records?

It’s not entirely clear what you are trying to do.

You have a zone (example.com) on Cloudflare, and it is using the two Ninja nameservers (something.ns.cloudflare.com).

You have two DNS servers that you operate, and have created two A records (ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com). Are those two A records :grey:?

You have multiple other domains. Those domains are NOT using Cloudflare for any purpose, but use ns1 and ns2 as their nameservers.

If you want to have multiple domains using Cloudflare, each one needs to be added to Cloudflare, you cannot just post their NS records, or CNAME them to an existing Cloudflare DNS record.

Yeah, you pretty much covered it.

ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com are 2 A records pointing to my hosting server.

I want my hosting clients to use this 2 records as their Nameservers and then DNS is pretty much handled by my hosting server for them.

I assumed that’s all I need to do. But my client reported to me that those are not valid NS records ?!

I recently shifted to cloudflare which got to me thinking, is there anything else that I need to do in order to correct this?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.