How to connect ip address to servers

Hi, I just switched hosting providers and i’m trying to point my ip address to a new server i guess. i thought i did it when i replaced all old ip address with new on here but my website is not showing up when i go to it.

0 Likes

After changing the A record, you should see the changes quickly. What’s the domain?

0 Likes

styleadvicehomeinteriors.com

0 Likes

@styleadvicehomeinter running a WHOIS on your Wordpress site is showing you are using Cloudflare DNS servers, but there’s no security certificate set up as of right now:

Name Server: ed.ns.cloudflare.com
Name Server: ulla.ns.cloudflare.com
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2019-04-10T08:51:44.10Z <<<
0 Likes

Your domain is not configured for Cloudflare, you havent set the necessary nameservers.

1 Like

I gave up and asked name cheap to do whatever i need to do to make the site work. i want to get rid of cloudflare because im so confused. i tried replacing my old ip address
with the new one i got from my new hosting provider.

0 Likes

Fair enough, in this case you dont need to do anything else.

0 Likes

Its not working though, my new host is telling me that cloudflare is my hosting provider. Im very confused.

0 Likes

Wait a bit. It can take up to 48 hours until the nameserver change has been propagated. I did a whois and:

Name Server: dns1.registrar-servers.com 
Name Server: dns2.registrar-servers.com

And with greetings to your provider: Cloudflare is not a hosting company :wink:

1 Like

Okay, they told me to wait also. Thank you all for your help :slight_smile:

0 Likes

What is not working? You are not using Cloudflare anymore, so that should be a question for your host.

0 Likes

@MarkMeyer is correct. An ~hour ago when I ran a WHOIS (see above comment) it appeared as if you had Cloudflare DNS configured properly. Now I’m seeing the same thing as Mr. Meyer, so whatever you have done – change it back!

Name Server: dns1.registrar-servers.com 
Name Server: dns2.registrar-servers.com
0 Likes

Blue host and Name Cheap told me to wait til the changes show up. So I guess ill check it in the morning to see if my site shows up when i google it. Name cheap says my domain is pointed to their basic dns server.

0 Likes

You said you are not going to use Cloudflare any more. That is right, is it not?

0 Likes

I pointed the domain to name cheap basic dns servers and we deleted some records on the name cheap end. I didn’t do anything else on Cloudflare though.

0 Likes

Again, there is nothing you need to do at this point.

0 Likes

No not at the moment, I just want my website to be working for now. Maybe in a few weeks I’ll try Cloudflare again. So i’m hoping by tomorrow my domain will be pointed in the right direction.

0 Likes

So, again, there is nothing you need to do. The domain properly points to your registrar and you just need to make sure the entries there are correct.

From a Cloudflare perspective you are set.

0 Likes