How to connect cloudflare if domain registered in different place than hosting?

Hi All,
I have a domain registered in Ireland but hosting in Poland. I need to connect to Cloudflare. I already did the following changes:

1. I change DNS records for Cloudflare server names.
  2. I added my hosting DNS in Poland to DNS records on the Cloudflare site as on the picture below:
  3. I flush DNS with https://cloudflare-dns.com/purge-cache/
  4. It is 1 hour since I finished.
    At the moment it doesn’t work. What do I do wrong?

I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com. The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

1 Like

After 10 minutes it looks like that

I’m not sure it is supposed to show something different because DNS on the registration site is already changed to Cloudflare.

I’m getting a browser timeout from the origin. No Cloudflare page, as expected since the domain isn’t proxied.

What to do?

This is a hosting issue. You’ll have to get that working before you can proxy it with Cloudflare. It’s quite possible that’s not even the correct IP address for your website, but a lookup of that IP address belongs to Nazwa.

1 Like

You are right! IP was incorrect. It is working now.
Thank you so much for your time and guide.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.