How To Confirm Origin Server?

Just migrated website from InMotion to Cloudways. Site was active on Cloudflare. Made various DNS changes in Cloudflare. Site has not been deleted at InMotion.

I know DNS changes must propagate but how do I confirm that Cloudflare is pulling from Cloudways server?

I searched a few different terms here relating to this but didn’t find an answer.

Thanks,

Ken

I don’t know what logging you have access to with Cloudways if you have access logs then checking the IPs should show Cloudflare’s.

You could also change your DNS record from proxied (:orange:) to DNS only (:grey:) temporarily and wait for the TTL to expire. Once it has then you will be able to check the IP that is being used.

1 Like

Hi, please provide you domain, thanks.

or:

1. Diagnostic Center | Check SSL and Test Website Security | Cloudflare

2. https://checkforcloudflare.selesti.com

simplest way is make a change on Cloudways server and see if it’s reflected when you access the site i.e. upload a custom text file at say yourdomain.com/test.html and see if you can access it from your site. If it’s on Cloudways it should show test.html and if on old server should give 404 not found error.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.