How to configure Cloudflare DNS for Ahrefs Verification

I am new to Cloudflare.
I want to add a TXT record to a Cloudflare domain to verify domain ownership for a website that I want to add to Ahrefs (3rd party software). Ahrefs has to verify ownership and has provide a txt record. I am not sure that I am doing it correctly. The instruction that Ahrefs provided is:

Sign in to your domain name provider (e.g. godaddy or namecheap) and copy the TXT record below to the DNS configuration for yourwebsite dot com

In Cloudflare, I went to the domain name in question, and selected TXT for the Type, but I do not understand what should be entered for the “Name” and “Content” fields.

I presume the Content would be the text record that was provided to me, but I am not sure what the Name field should be.

Thank you all in advance if someone can help.

Name would probably be @ (or just type in the domain name), and Content would be the long string they gave you for the record.

I really appreciate your helpfulness. That solved the issue and the site is now verified! Thank you for the assistance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.