How to CNAME from external domain to a Cloudflare domain with proxy enabled

Hi, I’m trying to have the following setup in place:

My customers can configure their own subdomains for their websites (status pages) which we host, so they configure client.domain .com to point to my.domain .com which points to my server IP through an A record.

Problem is I’m receiving DDOS attacks on client.domain(.)com, so i want to enable proxy in my.domain.com so that the “Under attack” feature is enabled for client.domain(.)com, but when I enable proxy I start getting this error:

— In the browser
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to stg-status.lesen.io. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s).

Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP
/—

— In CURL
curl: (35) error:14004410:SSL routines:CONNECT_CR_SRVR_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
/—

I’ve tried disabling Universal SSL thinking the problem is Cloudflare sending the universal certificate and overriding the one I’m serving for my customer’s domain, but still no luck.

I’ve read “CNAME setup” feature mentioned elsewhere in the forum, but not sure whether that would be the solution here, please advice.

If you are using Cloudflare, then (in almost all cases), Cloudflare needs to terminate TLS, so needs a certificate for the domain. You probably need to talk to Cloudflare about the SSL for SaaS product.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.