How to change cloud flare nameservers to Wix

First, I am a novice. This is the first time I have set up a website. I purchased a domain from Cloudflare and paid for 5 years of domain hosting. Then signed up with Wix. I have a premium account with Wix. I designed my site. The last step is to change the name servers. I have the ones Wix wants me to use. It doesn’t seem possible to change them in cloudflare. Is this correct?
Wix gave me a work-around. Two records that I can add to my Cloudflare domain. A host and a CNAME. I cannot find where I need to add these.

If not, is there any way to get the domain back from Cloudflare? Or would I have to wait for 5 years? I don’t have a paid business account with Cloudflare. I can’t afford that.
Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks

Correct. You are warned about this when buying the domain as to use Cloudflare features, you have to use Cloudflare nameservers.

There’s no need to change the nameservers as Wix have shown you, you can just point the Cloudflare DNS at Wix as here…

Just add the records in your dashboard here…
https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns/records

You can transfer the domain after (the ICANN mandated) 60 days. But there’s no need to, as above.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I did see the note that I couldn’t change the nameservers when I first purchased the domain. I didn’t know what that means, so I assumed it was not important. I’m still learning! thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.