How to block ipv6

hello

i got some IPv6 traffic, but no idea what they are .

how to block ipv6 address? or should i just disable ipv6? thx

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

From the screenshot, you see the log file from your origin host/server, correct?.

May I ask are those requests “bad” or like contain some “probes” of attack pattern? :thinking:

I can see the IPs are from Taiwan and China.

Using Firewall Rules or IP Access Rules you can block countries, or IPs, or IP ranges, or requests which contains specific user-agent string (or part of it), or the whole AS number and more.

Helpful articles which contain instructions (with screenshots provided for easier way to navigate) how to create and use them:

I am afraid this cannot be disabled anymore as it’s enabled “by default” at Cloudflare.

At Cloudflare we believe in being good to the Internet and good to our customers. By moving on from the legacy world of IPv4-only to the modern-day world where IPv4 and IPv6 are treated equally, we believe we are doing exactly that. In the Cloudflare dashboard, IPv6 is no longer something you can toggle on and off, it’s always just on.

thanks for your detailed answer

not sure what attack pattern look like , but i think they are not attackers.

I would like to know if i can just add IPv6 address to my ip list, same as the one i use in Cloudflare Firewall.

You mean adding IPv6 under Account → Configurations → Lists? :thinking:

If so, as stated:

A combination of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses can be entered. IPv6 addresses must not be larger than /64.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.