How to block an IP Range

I still dont understand how to block IP ADDRESS RANGE in the Firewall area.
I need to see an EXAMPLE of what to enter into the field because i have read the community and tried to apply it to what im looking for that the Firewall area will except in its written form.

Im trying to block everything between
and

but this means NOTHING to it (2001:db8::
____and
2001:db8:0000:0000:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff)

Telling me that IP access rules only support /16 and /24 ranges
is just gibberish. I went and read up on this and im still not understanding it in its application to the SIMPLICITY of what im looking for,

For the use of CloudFlare Firewall area. I just need to see an example of a start and finish range as it would be entered into the field that i am telling it to BLOCK.

The given range is a /16
Another way is to block the whole ASN, but this will block all traffic from their network. In this case it’s AS45102

Regarding the IP v6 you need to identify what the CIDR is.

You could also use firewall rules instead. It’s more garnular than the IP Access rules.

If IP equals 47.52.0.0/16 -> block

1 Like

I know ur trying to help but your answer is exactly what i asked NOT to get.
“If IP equals 47.52.0.0/16 -> block”
i have no idea what this is saying

“identify what the CIDR is”
Again like i said above, telling me something like that is gibberish.

Im trying to learn this but im not getting it.
Hence my final statement

For the use of CloudFlare Firewall area. I just need to see an example of a start and finish range as it would be entered into the field that i am telling it to BLOCK.

But where is the example?

I am not sure what kind of answer you expect. @MarkMeyer’s response was to the point.

Go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/redirect?zone=firewall/tools and create an IP access rule blocking “47.52.0.0/16”. Done!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.