How to assign a member as super admin

Dear Team,

Kindly that the previous IT was super admin and he resigned.

now we want to assign someone else as super admin. Can you please assist?

Regards,

Pravin

On an Enterprise plan you can have multiple super administrators, so you can just add the new one, and then remove the old one.

All other plans need to follow these instructions:

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200167946-Managing-Cloudflare-account-access#2K2NLky0NgEtThpHOwrgx8

Dear Michael,

Thank you for the email.

Kindly note as peer attached screenshot, we are trying to make kvalaydon as super admin and remove [email protected]. However we are unable to do so. Can this be done by revoking pbundhoo01? What happen if we do so? Does it allocate the super admin to another member automatically?

Grateful if you can provide your assistance and help to resolve same.

Regards,

Pravin

Dear Michale,

Missed the screenshot.

Please find attached. We want to remove [email protected] as super admin and assign kvalaydon as super admin.

Can you please assist?

Regards,

Pravin

Dear Michael,

Thank you for the email.

Kindly note as peer attached screenshot, we are trying to make kvalaydon as super admin and remove [email protected]. However we are unable to do so. Can this be done by revoking pbundhoo01? What happen if we do so? Does it allocate the super admin to another member automatically?

Grateful if you can provide your assistance and help to resolve same.

Regards,

Pravin

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Dear Team,

Kindly note that I am assigning a super user to an account. However when changing the mail address of the old super admin to the new one, it keeps telling me “unable to update email. Email already in use”.
Please find attached.

Regards,
Pravin

Please follow this doc for how to change it.

https://developers.cloudflare.com/fundamentals/get-started/setup/account-setup/manage-account-members/

There are more detailed instructions here:

2 Likes

guys this is very frustrating now as you are only providing documentation of how to do that. This has been done yet when i am inputting the new mail address, it keeps telling me mail already in use. I just browse the error code 1057 and it seems that i will have to wait 1 year to input the new mail address??
The new super admin account is an account i just revoked so that i can input same as super admin. Can anyone please provide an assistance and resolve the issue once for all please?

regards,

Pravin

We have no access to your account so I’m not sure what you expect me to provide.

This means the email is on a different account. You will need to log in to that account and change that email to something else before you can use it elsewhere.

If the account with the email has been deleted then yes, as it says, you cannot reuse that email.

Ok, i had some members with admin accounts. The super admin was on someone who had left the company. Now i would like to assign 1 member as super admin.
I revoked one member (who will be assigned as super admin) and tried to change the email address of the super admin to the mail address of the member i revoked. Now it is telling me the mail address is already in use.

Is there any other way we can assign the super admin to that particular member? Kindly assist as it is very urgent and critical as it concerns our security aspects, given that the super admin is no more with us.

Note that no account has been deleted, only access revoked.

Regards,

Pravin

You will need to log in to the admin account you revoked and change the email address to something else.

Then log in to the Super Admin account and change the email there to the one you want.

On an enterprise account yes, otherwise no.

As per screenshot, we would like to make kvalaydon as superadmin. I revoked the address.

So as per your instruction, i will need to access the kvalaydon on Cloudflare and change the email address first? Will i still be able to access the kvalaydon on Cloudflare despite revoking the access?

We are on a pro account i guess. I would like to remove the pbundhoo01 and assign super admin to kvalaydon.

Yes.

Yes, it is still a Cloudflare account, just without access to this one.