How to Add Subdomain Redirect to Airtable with GoDaddy Hosting

I have GoDaddy for my domain and hosting. I want to add a subdomain redirect to an Airtable form. What do I need to do on GoDaddy and what do I need to do on Cloudflare?

The end result should be that xxx.mydomain.com goes to an https://airtable.com/form_url .

Thank you.

1 Like

I don’t think this helps me set up the subdomain. I want to specifically set up something like this

somethingiknow.mydomain.com to forward to an airtable url. do i start with setting up a cname or a record in cloudflare for somethingiknow? Do I need to add a subdomain for somethingiknow in GoDaddy under DNS Forward?

If you are using Cloudflare for you DNS, GoDaddy is not an factor. If Airtable wants you to create a CNAME you would so in Cloudflare in the DNS control panel. If they are looking for a specific value it should be :grey: (DNS only), else it should be :orange: .

1 Like

Thank you for helping. I am using Cloudflare for DNS. Airtable doesn’t want me to create anything. I want to make it easier for our users to have a memorable name to go to our Airtable form. I added a CNAME in Cloudflare, but I get the following error message: DNS Validation Error (Code: 1004) Content for CNAME record is invalid. Here is screenshot of record I tried to add…

The target of a CNAME record is a hostname not a URL.

You could use a placeholder DNS entry and redirects perhaps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.