How to add external nameservers/hosting of domain but keep registrar here

Hi, I moved my domain to CF domain registrar and now I want to use it for bandzoogle dot com a website builder and host.

How do I add external nameservers/hosting of domain but keeping registrar here? trying to use with bandzoogle. Obviously if I need to upgrade with CF for $20/mnth to do this it’s not worth it and will need to transfer domain elsewhere…

" Existing Domain

1. From the ‘Edit Content’ tab, click the arrow next to your username in the top right corner
  2. Select ‘Account Details’ from the drop-down menu
  3. Click ‘Set up my domain’
  4. Click ‘Connect existing domain’
  5. Enter your current domain name
  6. Click ‘Use this domain name’
  7. Click ‘Connect ‘yourdomain com’
  8. Log in to your domain registrar account and change the domain nameservers to point to your Bandzoogle website:

Once the nameservers are set, the domain should start loading your Bandzoogle website within a few hours (but this can take up to 24 hours)."

Thanks so much
Eric

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

You cannot use third-party nameservers on a paid plan either. The custom nameservers feature does not work the way you think it does. It does not enable the user of external nameservers. It allows you to use* your domain* in Cloudflare nameserver names, but you still will be using Cloudflare nameservers.

Cloudflare registrar is an exclusive benefit for domains that use Cloudflare nameservers. All domains on Cloudflare Registrar must use Cloudflare nameservers. If Bandzoogle requires the use of their nameservers, you will not be able to use that service with a domain that uses Cloudflare Registrar.

Their knowledge base articles suggest that they have ways to configure a subdomain using an A record. You may want to ask their support how to best use your domain name with their platform without using their nameservers.

Thank you! They did say add an A name record and their IP and I did that. About 12 hours later and not working yet though.

Are you comfortable sharing your domain here so the Community can look at your DNS and provide feedback?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.