How to access CF logs?

CF is a great DNS provider, I can manage all the data and I get almost instant updates that is great.

But whenever I turn on proxying, my users from other countries start reporting 520 errors that suggest that the host has an error whereas the users do not experience any problems once proxying is off, AND even in my country, all the pages work fine with proxying on. (and at the same time, I can see a 50% drop in traffic…)

I would love to use CF as a CDN because many of my users live in remote areas (such as China and Latin America), but I cannot do it because of the 520 errors - and to have a chance at fixing them, I need the logs.

Best,
Barney

You’d need to collect the Ray IDs (present on the 520 error page) - it’s impossible for Cloudflare Support to find logs without them.

2 Likes

Yes because Cloudflare do not have any control if you off Proxy so there will no error

It’s so bad !

As @KianNH said the support team need the ray id without them they can’t also help you !

I would also suggest you to read this :arrow_down:

1 Like

Thanks for the helpful advices!
My ray id that was captured by the user is:
6ffe9c36a8fb3bb6 On 2022-04-22 13:12:17 UTC
Where can I look into the logs with this information?

Thanks for the helpful advices, @KianNH !
My ray id that was captured by the user is:
6ffe9c36a8fb3bb6 On 2022-04-22 13:12:17 UTC
Where can I look into the logs with this information?

Looking into them yourself (assuming it isn’t firewall related, those appear in the Firewall Activity Log in the dashboard) requires an Enterprise plan.

You’ll need to open a support ticket and pass those details onto the support team.

Please open a ticket in the dashboard or email to support AT Cloudflare DOT com with as much detail as possible (URL, screenshot, etc). Then post the ticket # here so we can escalate it, even if it auto-closes.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.