How Netflows API's value is calculated?

Netflows · Cloudflare Radar docs
Cloudflare API Documentation
How Netflow API value is calculated? What is the meaning of the value? Why is the value a number between 0 and 1?

The value is a number between 0 and 1 because the traffic volume is normalized against the maximum for the time period selected. As such, the max volume for that period will equal 1, and all of the other measurements will be between 0 and 1.

1 Like

So, when the value == 1, that doesn’t mean network congestion happens. Which API should I use if I want to get the network congestion index? Could you give me some advice?

Correct. “1” doesn’t mean network congestion happens – it simply represents the peak value when the traffic volumes are normalized across that time period.

I’m not sure what “network congestion index” you are referring to. The full API reference is linked from Cloudflare Radar · Cloudflare Radar docs

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @nmfhsl, your topic has a solution here.

Let us know what you think of the solution by logging in and give it a :+1: or :-1:.

Solutions help the person that asked the question and anyone else that sees the answer later. Login to tell us what you think of the solution with a :+1: or :-1:.

I would also like to ask how much RTT,IQI needs to be generated in 15 minutes to count latency. Cloudflare API Documentation

Are you asking how many measurements are needed for a point to be plotted on the graph or included in an API response?

Yes! I want to know it!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.