How long for site to come up after setting SSL to "Flexible"?

If I change my website’s SSL/TLS encryption mode setting to “Off”, run a 5-minute test and then change the setting back to “Flexible”, how long will my site be inaccessible?

Due to not know if you’re having the HSTS feature enabled or not, and conidering the web browser cache, you might end up having an issue here not only for you, but possibly for your customers and/or website visitors as well, which might result in a bad experience at the end.

May I ask if there is any particular reason to turn off the SSL settings? :thinking:

Furthermore, aren’t you having a valid SSL certificate installed at your origin host/server for your website already?

Nevertheless, are you doing some changes or development?

You could also use a temporary option “Pause Cloudflare for this site” at the bottom right corner of the main page of the Cloudflare dashboard for your zone.

3 Likes

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I am not sure if I have the HSTS feature or not.

I don’t have a development environment and I am not sure how to set one up.

My customer’s website is hosted on Weebly.com. In Safari I am getting a message that the website is not secure. When I try to enable SSL on Weebly, I get a message that says that I need to delete the AAAA record on Cloudflare, but there isn’t an AAAA record on Cloudflare.

My best guess is that I need to set the Cloudflare SSL/TLS encryption mode setting to “Off”. Then try enabling SSL on Weebly to see if it will enable. But, I don’t want to take my customer’s website down for more than a few minutes.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.