How long does it take to resume cloudflare after being pasued?

Hi,

My site borgo.hu was paused a few weeks ago, now after I clicked resume button about an hour ago CF is still not working.
My question is: How long does it take to resume Cloudflare after being paused?

thank you !

Cloudflare will resume once the DNS records for your domain are pointing at Cloudflare’s IPs again.

Thank you your answer , but if I run a DNS query via the Cloudflare DNS servers I still get the original IP.

tom@borgo:~$ dig @1.1.1.1 www.borgo.hu

; <<>> DiG 9.16.27-Debian <<>> @1.1.1.1 www.borgo.hu
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 5181
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1232
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.borgo.hu. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.borgo.hu. 300 IN CNAME borgo.hu.
borgo.hu. 300 IN A 80.77.123.57

;; Query time: 4 msec
;; SERVER: 1.1.1.1#53(1.1.1.1)
;; WHEN: Wed Jan 11 21:50:03 CET 2023
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 71

Pausing Cloudflare takes five minutes or less to complete. The same is true when disabling global pause. Have you checked both global pause status as well as the :grey:/:orange: status for the individual record?

Thank you for your anser, yes “pausing” had been working in minutes, but “Resume” is not working, now the state is “Pause Cloudflare on Site”, so CF should work now I think …

Do the nameservers listed in your account match those below?

may.ns.cloudflare.com.
pedro.ns.cloudflare.com.

hi Epic,

Yes they do, so weird :frowning_face: , and everything just worked fine before I swicthed to ‘paused’ :

[tom@server ~]$ dig borgo.hu ns

; <<>> DiG 9.11.4-P2-RedHat-9.11.4-26.P2.el7_9.9 <<>> borgo.hu ns
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 14976
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;borgo.hu. IN NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
borgo.hu. 21600 IN NS may.ns.cloudflare.com.
borgo.hu. 21600 IN NS pedro.ns.cloudflare.com.

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
borgo.hu. 21600 IN NS pedro.ns.cloudflare.com.
borgo.hu. 21600 IN NS may.ns.cloudflare.com.

;; Query time: 20 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.3.1#53(192.168.3.1)
;; WHEN: Thu Jan 12 09:37:16 CET 2023
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 109

thankyou

I know those are the nameservers you will see in a query, since I can perform that lookup myself. . What I want to confirm is that the same pair is listed in your Cloudflare dashboard on the DNS page. I find it beneficial to confirm assumptions.

The time it takes to resume Cloudflare after it has been paused will depend on the specific actions taken to pause it. If Cloudflare was only temporarily disabled, it should resume service immediately upon re-enabling it. If Cloudflare is deleted, it will take time to set it back up again. In general, the time it takes to resume Cloudflare will depend on the complexity of your setup and the speed at which you can complete the necessary steps to resume service.

Hi Epic,

Thank you for your help. It’s there:

anyway it seems CF is working now, I clicked the pause , and a minute later the resume link again,and now the DNS settings are ok now:

Name: borgo.hu
Addresses: 2606:4700:3033::6815:4dd7
2606:4700:3033::ac43:d3e6
thank you very much for your help again !

thank you, it’s just started to work after a disabled/resume .)

1 Like

Thanks for confirming that match. I wanted to rule out your domain being active in another account.

I’m glad to hear that it’s enabled and working for you. It is strange that it did not complete in five minutes or less.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.