How i can validate my origin server are working with cloudway (Using Cloudflare)

Someone can help me how I can validate if my origin server is working.

Are you encountering a problem when visiting your site? If so, could share the nature of the symptoms?

If you are referring to the domain in your previous topic, I am able to load it in a web browser. It redirects from the apex name to the www name and is using HTTPS.

Could you please send me a private message to send you, my situation. I can record my screen and share my situation. @epic.network

I don’t see an option to send you a PM. Can you describe the problem?

I create origin server. When i do that Cloudflare create automatically Client Certificates??
@epic.network

With my other domain I create the origin server and appear the client certificate. What was happening with my other domain?

You appear to have jumped into brand new territory from your previous topic.

Is there a reason that you are trying to generate client certificates? They are not something used in a typical configuration for a simple public website.

Are you trying to configure your site for Authenticated Origin Pulls so that all traffic must pass through the Cloudflare proxy or be rejected?

Are you trying to configure mTLS in order to block all client traffic that has no certificate?

Is there a reason you’re trying to generate client certificates? They are not something used in a typical setup for a simple public website. (The client certificate is created by Cloudflare itself when I create the server origin)

Just starting to set up your site for authenticated origin pulls so that all traffic must go through the Cloudflare proxy or be rejected? I’m trying to start configuring the site for authenticated source pull and proxying. I am doing it cloudway (Host) and Cloudflare. I want to validate if what I did originally is working. I did the steps of (how-to-configure-Cloudflare-origin-certificate in cloudway)

Are you trying to configure mTLS to block all traffic from clients that don’t have a certificate? This if I do not know and excuse my ignorance.

My intention is to be able to parameterize the authentication origin service and that it will finally work.
I try to understand and learn what Cloudflare has and its options. That’s why I ask a lot. @epic.network

Thanks you for the answers. My questions are to make sure that you get relevant answers. Cloudflare has a lot of options and it makes sense to focus only on the ones you are trying to use.

You can easily test authenticated origin pull by disabling the Cloudflare proxy. If it is working, your origin server will refuse your request. This may be problematic to test on a live site. Fortunately there are other testing mechanisms.

You can use curl with the resolve parameter similar to the example that follows. Substitute the IP of your origin server and your actual domain name and hostname.

curl -v --resolve example.com:443:192.0.2.1 https://example.com`

You should see alert certificate required in the response.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.