How i can configure Minecraft SRV Record?

Guys i need help.
A thing like 1 year ago i used cloudflare, and in the SRV record there was “service” but now
i boy another domain from register and in the SRV record says only name and i don’t know
how to configure it

i tryed to insert first the service, the protocol and at the end the name

That all looks good, except you probably don’t need an SRV record from what I can see.

What domain do you want players to use when they connect to your server? play.serneptune.it or just serneptune.it?

play.serneptune.it , but I’ll have to set up the bungeecord soon and so I wanted to take advantage of it

I have no idea what that means.

If you want to use play.serneptune.it, I recommend you just delete the SRV record and instead create an A record for the name play with your minecraft server IP.

1 Like

But if i delete the SRV record the A record will not redirect to port 25565, right? If i wan’t it to redirect to port 25565 automatically i have to bind port 1 but it’s not safe

25565 is Minecraft’s standard port. You only need an SRV record if you don’t use 25565.

I will use the port 25577 for bungee i need it

Ok, then create an SRV record with name _minecraft._tcp.play, some target whatever.serneptune.it. and the port you want to use.

Then create an A record for whatever.serneptune.it with your server IP.

Is what i’ve done, but it don’t work

Your target A record is currently proxied. It needs to be DNS only.

It is also not s.serneptune.it as you have shown in the screenshot above:

dig +short _minecraft._tcp.play.serneptune.it srv
10 0 25565 _dc-srv.ef78d15ee3c9._minecraft._tcp.play.serneptune.it.

dig +short s.serneptune.it

1 Like

I’ve tried to resolve , so it’s gonna be _minecraft._tcp.play, target s.serneptune.it and A s.serneptune.it without proxy?

That looks good now.

dig +short _minecraft._tcp.play.serneptune.it srv
10 0 25565 s.serneptune.it.
dig +short s.serneptune.it

This is the only problem

You can’t ping the play subdomain. You can ping the s subdomain.

The SRV record only works for minecraft.

ping s.serneptune.it
PING s.serneptune.it (5.94.86.132) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from net-5-94-86-132.cust.vodafonedsl.it (5.94.86.132): icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=77.5 ms
64 bytes from net-5-94-86-132.cust.vodafonedsl.it (5.94.86.132): icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=76.0 ms
^C
--- s.serneptune.it ping statistics ---
2 packets transmitted, 2 received, 0% packet loss, time 1001ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 76.030/76.776/77.523/0.746 ms
2 Likes

Okay, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.