How far secure flexible SSL for e commerce website?

Hi friends,

For my e-commerce website having WordPress platform. I’m using free flexible ssl. But as per my research flexible ssl is not secure.

In cloud flare 3-ssl option is available - flexible, full, full strict.
Can anyone have this idea please? Which would be best for e commerce website?

Thanks
Sanjay

Ideally Full (strict) would be best. This will require a valid SSL cert to be installed on your server. This could be one you already have, a CF origin cert (free) or a Let’s Encrypt cert.

Flexible is not secure, the connection between the visitor and Cloudflare is encrypted however the connection between Cloudflare and your server is not.

True, it is not.

Either Full Strict or - if you must - Full. Flexible should never be used for anything sensitive.

Thanks for your reply. Can you please tell me the procedure how to do for the same. please share the complete step by step procedure.

Thanks for your reply.

Please share the complete step by step procure for the same which would be more easier for me for set up. Currently i’m using flexible SSL by using cloud-flare official WordPress plugin and simple SSL plugin.

For Full (strict) SSL what should i do. and what’s the step i need to follow? kindly share your ideas which would be easier for me to contact my origin server.

Thanks

Sanjay

https://support.cloudflare.com has all you need.

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.