How do I register or transfer domains?

I’m new to Cloudflare, and my goal here is to move all of my domains and their DNS configuration out of Google Domains. I moved an unused domain successfully to cloudflare; but it seems Google is still controlling it, and will auto-renew it next. How do I fully transfer this domain to Cloudflare so that I can purchase renewal in Cloudflare without depending in Google?

Likewise, how do I register new domains in Cloudflare?

I thought Cloudflare domains is an alternative product to Google Domains. Or is this not accurate? If not, what are some good alternatives to Google Domains?

Thanks.

@domjh indicated here it requires Beta access; may I have one? Really itching to ditch Google. :smiley:

If available, you can click ‘manage domain’ on the domain’s overview and a transfer button will appear:

This is only available to certain TLDs at this time: TLD Policies | Cloudflare

Beta seems to have been given out randomly, not to specific people. If I had to guess, registration would become public on Birthday Week (April 1-7), but that’s just speculation.

Alas, not on my account. I have a domain expiring within a month so it’d be great to get access before that.

This is because .app is not supported on Cloudflare. Only new registrations are behind a beta; registering other TLDs requires CF to sign contracts with registries, which has only happened once after the registrar’s release with .io.

Oh. Are .page and .ca domains supported?

TLD Policies | Cloudflare no

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.