How do I link my Cloudflare Domain to my Carrd website

I feel really dumb for asking this but here we go. I have a domain name that I transferred to Cloudflare. I am trying to get it to point to a website I made on Carrd.co.

I tried to follow the directions on the Carrd site. I don’t know what I am supposed to do in the DNS records of Cloudflare. Am I supposed to add or delete anything? I seriously need a step by step guide here.

Can you describe the steps you’ve taken?

Can you share a link to those directions?

When you add a site to cloudflare, we scan for your existing records. Depending upon how successful we are, you may not need to do anything, but that is never a guarantee, you may need to adjust records and/or add them to support email.

Let’s start there, can you share the name of that domain?

1 Like

Hey, I ended up figuring out what I was doing wrong. I had to add the actual records that Carrd mentioned to the DNS records, but I had to keep the proxy turned off until Carrd connected the domain. Once I did that, the domain was able to initialize on Carrd, and now the site works. I am just so new to this stuff that I had no clue what I was doing.

The domain was transferred from Homestead about a month ago.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing the answer, really appreciate it. Let us know if other questions come up along the way.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.