How do I copy/mirror a primary server on standby server for failover and load balancing?

I’ve recently signed up for load balancing so that we may have a primary server and a secondary server for automatic failover in case the primary server goes down.

I’d be grateful for any recommendation of what software to use for syncing/mirroring the primary server on the secondary server when used for failover, as your help article above describes?

We have a Ubuntu-based server.

Thanks.

Al

You might find better assistance for more generic questions like this on a non-Cloudflare forum, but https://rclone.org/ is a very popular tool for mirroring data across servers. It’s not what I’d personally recommend for a use-case like this, but it could work.

It’s going to depend a lot on how your own services are running though - do your services need any custom configuration? If you’re using some kind of orchestration system already such as Kubernetes, this should be easy to manage within that too.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.