How do I change the default nameserver on a domain registered on cloudflare?

I wanted to change the nameserver on a domain registered on Cloudflare to something outside of Cloudflare rather than ada.ns.cloudflare.com and micah.ns.cloudflare.com, but I can’t find anywhere that let me do it.

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

Yes it is possible, but your nameservers would be like `ns1.domain.com`, `ns2.domain.com` and you would have to add them to your domain registrar with the provided Glue IP addresses for them by Cloudflare in the process of creating them at Cloudflare dashboard.

This feature is also called “Custom nameservers” which is available only to the Business and Enterprise plan.

Kindly, find more useful information about it at the link form below:

* https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200169006-Setting-up-Custom-Nameservers-at-Cloudflare

No, I meant to change the nameserver of the domain registered in Cloudflare rather than somewhere else to something else like ns1.goddaddy.com, ns2.godaddy.com.

I registered my domain on Cloudflare but it seemed like I got stuck with the ada micah Cloudflare nameservers with no way to change it to other ones while other domain registrars allow that to be changed very easily.

O-oh, sorry I missread it (its late here by me).

Unfortunately, currently you cannot change the nameservers if you use Cloudflare as a domain registrar. Currently, Cloudflare Registrar only lets you use Cloudflare name servers. If you want to use external name servers, you’d have to transfer your domain registration to a different registrar.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.